- Horween Chromexcel® leather upper
- Fully lined with natural calfskin
- Blake Rapid Stitch welt construction
- Raptor black rubber outsole
- Tonal stitch throughout
- Reinforced leather pull tab
- HELM signature white composite rubber midsole adds style and extra cushion
- Custom HELM-branded Raptor outsole, durable yet flexible for increased cushion and traction, especially resistant to wear and extreme temperatures
- Silver eyelets and speed hooks
- Black waxed cotton laces
- Seasonally updated sock liner quote and tongue stamp
- 415 lasted
- Shaft: 5½ in.
- Weight: 1 lb 11 oz
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
- U.S.-made matching belt available
Notes From the Designer:
The Ayers is an update for the modern man who might have outgrown his heavier work boots. Classic black, the perfect height with a more tapered toe so it has the versatility to wear from day to night – a boot that is unique, lightweight and durable. The more streamlined profile gives this style a dressier look, allowing it to step into the work-inspired fashion category. These elements give it the endurance and comfort of a work boot but allow it to fit in easily at the office or in any social setting.
Back when Joshua was a teenager, he became close friends with Corey Ayers in high school, and they built a strong bond based on skateboarding, an obsession with the Beastie Boys and air-basketball skills. Yes, that is basketball with no ball, which they were both very good at. They spent a lot of time together, listening to bands like Operation Ivy and Propagandhi, dyeing each other’s hair or riding around town in Corey’s green soft-top Suzuki. Now adults, Joshua states that Corey “stayed true to himself all these years and didn’t care about standing out or what other people thought of him. He never lost sight of his passion for art and music, and I really admire that.”