- Full-grain Tasman York leather upper
- Quarter inlay with tonal leather detail
- Fully lined with natural calfskin
- Blake Rapid Stitch welt construction
- Oil-treated leather outsole
- Tonal double stitch throughout
- Reinforced leather pull tab
- HELM signature white composite rubber midsole adds style and extra cushion
- HELM-embossed oil- and wax-treated leather outsole for water resistance and increased durability
- Black rubber key heel strike
- Antique brass eyelets
- Black waxed cotton laces
- Seasonally updated sock liner quote and tongue stamp
- 512 lasted
- Shaft: 6 in
- Weight: 1 lb 13 oz
- We recommend sizing up a half-size if you have a wider foot
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
- U.S.-made matching belt available
Notes From the Designer:
A reintroduction of one of the original HELM styles, the Sam was one of the first boots created when production was moved to the United States. It is made on the HELM 512 exclusive signature last, giving it the trademark toe box and shape it is most known for. The Sam Black is designed using rich, black York leather from Tasman Leather Group. (Established in Hartland, Maine, in 1947, Tasman also has a tannery in Wisconsin and leather warehouses in Kentucky and North Carolina, and we are proud to support another American-based domestic sourcing company.) The Sam Black features the same quarter panel detailing of the Sam Original but in black tonal leather for a classic and elegant profile. With its unique design and clean lines, this style evolves easily between outfits, pairing with denim one day and completing a suit the next. It’s always exciting when people send us pictures of their wedding – and the groom and his groomsmen are all wearing the Sam Black!
Named for Joshua’s father-in-law, Sam (who is also his son Samuel’s namesake), we wanted to be sure that the boot signified a sense of determination and perseverance, not only to represent the first HELM style ever released and therefore the launch of the brand, but also because Sam is a man who is steadfast, dedicated and loyal. When it comes to hardships in life, there is rarely a man as faithful and stoic as Sam (a.k.a. Grandad), and we are grateful to have a boot named after him.