In 2010, we released a dressier leather boot called the Brooklyn that was similar to an engineer boot with straps and buckles, but it also had a zipper on the inner shaft and multiple dress shoe influences throughout. I wanted to do something with a zipper again, and it took a couple years to find a factory in the United States that could. The one we found is in Arkansas and is proudly family-owned through multiple generations. It was also the first factory we worked with that did exclusively Goodyear welting, and we were excited to jump in and gain even more hands-on knowledge of the process. The influence for the Pablo is more of an Italian moto boot meets a more European-influenced zipper boot, but with an American work toe. The 405 last that the Pablo boot is constructed on was actually modeled after a vintage penitentiary boot – hence the toe shape.
- Full-grain Horween Rockford leather
- Medial zipper closure
- Fully lined with natural leather
- Goodyear welt construction
- HELM signature white midsole
- Oil-treated leather sole
- Antique brass YKK zipper
- 405 lasted
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
- Seasonally updated sock liner quote
- Hand-stitched accent over seam detail on the back
- HELM recommends sizing down a half-size
What's In A Name