A reintroduction of one of the original HELM styles, the Sam was one of the first boots created when production was moved to the United States. It is made on the HELM 512 exclusive signature last, giving it the trademark toe box and shape it is most known for. The Sam Black is designed using rich, black York leather from Tasman Leather Group. The Sam Black features the same quarter panel detailing of the Sam Original but in black tonal leather for a classic and elegant profile. With its unique design and clean lines, this style evolves easily between outfits, pairing with denim one day and completing a suit the next.
- Full-grain Tasman York leather
- Fully lined with natural leather
- Blake Rapid Stitch welt construction
- HELM signature white midsole
- Oil-treated leather outsole
- Antique brass eyelets
- Black waxed cotton laces
- 512 lasted
- 6 in.
- 1 lb 13 oz
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
- Seasonally updated sock liner quote and tongue stamp
- Reinforced leather pull tab
- We recommend sizing up a half-size if you have a wider foot
What's In A Name
Named for Joshua’s father-in-law, Sam (who is also his son Samuel’s namesake), we wanted to be sure that the boot signified a sense of determination and perseverance, not only to represent the first HELM style ever released and therefore the launch of the brand, but also because Sam is a man who is steadfast, dedicated and loyal. When it comes to hardships in life, there is rarely a man as faithful and stoic as Sam (a.k.a. Grandad), and we are grateful to have a boot named after him.