Sam Original Dress Boot
- Full-grain Horween Chromexcel® leather upper
- Quarter inlay with White Oak Cone Denim®
- Fully lined with natural calfskin
- Blake Rapid Stitch welt construction
- Oil-treated leather sole
- We recommend sizing up a half-size if you have a wider foot
- Tonal double stitch throughout
- Reinforced leather pull tab
- HELM signature white composite rubber midsole adds style and extra cushion
- HELM-embossed oil- and wax-treated leather sole for water resistance and increased durability
- Black rubber key heel strike
- Antique brass eyelets
- Brown waxed cotton laces
- Seasonally updated sock liner quote and tongue stamp
- 512 lasted
- Shaft: 6 in
- Weight: 1 lb 13 oz
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
- U.S.-made matching belt available
Notes From the Designer:
A reintroduction of the Turkish-made HELM style from 2009 that was called the Ray-Ray, the Sam Original was one of the first boots recreated when production was moved to the United States. I clearly remember being in the factory office in Istanbul when the first prototype was handed to me. I knew it was unique, and I knew it was going to be an anchor for the brand. I had the same feeling when we pulled it off at the factory in Maine in 2012, and since then, it has continued to be a best seller. It is constructed on an exclusive U.S.-made HELM signature last, giving it the trademark toe box and shape it is most known for. The Sam Original is made of a Carolina Brown Horween Chromexcel® leather and features contrast panels of White Oak Cone Denim® to give it added detail and a unique side profile. This style can be worn dressed up with a suit or casually to complement a pair of pants or jeans. It’s surprisingly often and always exciting when people send us pictures of their wedding and the groom and his groomsmen are all wearing the Sam Original or the Sam Black.
Named for Joshua’s father-in-law, Sam (who is also his son Samuel’s namesake), we wanted to be sure that the boot signified a sense of determination and perseverance, not only to represent the first HELM style ever released and therefore the launch of the brand, but also because Sam is a man who is steadfast, dedicated and loyal. When it comes to hardships in life, there is rarely a man as faithful and stoic as Sam (a.k.a. Grandad), and we are grateful to have a boot named after him.